Sunday, March 8, 2009

Confession: I'm Addicted to Twitter

Yup, I've said it. I'm now a Twitter-addict. A proud one. I've gotten to know a bunch of interesting people through it. I even found a source for my Boonville story on Twitter. We haven't been able to find a day to meet up for an interview, but it's exciting to network like that. The only bad side is the addicting part. To make matters worse, I installed TweetDeck today, and it's AMAZING. It lets you organize your Tweeps to make your Tweeting less stressful, and keeps you updated on your followers' tweets. At the beginning, I almost had a panic attack because the notification "chirp" went off every 10 seconds, but luckily I changed the setting to turn it off. It's overwhelming how connected you can get with the web now, and I love it.

For my Ning project, Stephanie Cobb and I met up this week and wrote out instructions on how to post events on the site. We hope the community will be able to use it to connect through the events and meetings that people hold.

I look forward to learning more about the web!

No comments:

Post a Comment